Monday, January 12, 2015

Purse

In November Pattern Review ran a contest for making a handbag. I've never made a handbag before, but I wanted to try, so I bought a pattern (it cost $10!) and looked through my remnants that I've been stocking up on, and this is what I came up with:
I sent away to China for the oval rings to go on the sides where the straps are, and it took a few weeks for them to arrive, so I didn't get the bag done in time for the contest. But that's okay. I now have a new purse. I love the four outside pockets--two on each side, and the inside pockets in the lining, and the zipper top. I love the colors. I learned about interfacing a purse, including using iron-on fleece to give it some body. I learned about making your own piping. All in all it was a good experience, and I'm thrilled with my new purse!

3 comments:

  1. Say What? I've seen you with this purse and had NO IDEA you made it yourself. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so professional! Nice job and really pretty

    ReplyDelete