Wednesday, May 1, 2013

McCall's 6035


I did it! Here's my first project. I actually completed it a week ago today. I wore it to the temple on Thursday and to church on Sunday, and in both places received many compliments. It fits, and I really like this pattern. 

Today I'm starting a new blouse. Fabric.com sent me an email with an invitation to download a blouse a pattern, which I did. It involved printing and taping together 25 pages. I laid them out on the living room floor and used pins to hold the corners together, then taped the edges. Then I picked up the whole thing and put it on the kitchen table, where I traced what I hope is my size--Size 18--onto tracing paper. Now I'll be cutting it out of some scrap fabric and sewing it up to see if it'll work to sew the blouse.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen, your blouse is very pretty and turned out well - a good start to the sewyourownwardrobe challenge. You are brave downloading a pattern - must be quite tedious sticking it all together. I do hope it goes well for you. I'll be adding you to the stash sew-a-long, thank you for joining :-)

    ReplyDelete