Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stash to Style

This weekend Joann's has their Red Tag Fabrics 50% off, plus they sent out a coupon for an additional 10% off your total purchase. 

I picked up this Lisette poplin for $3.50/yard, and there were just over three yards of it. I'm thinking it'll make another dress.

This "jacks" fabric appealed to me, too. How about a peplum top?

And with the swimsuit sewalong going on, I couldn't pass up this $7/yd swimsuit fabric. I got two yards of it so I could possibly make one for me and one for a child. I've never sewn a swimsuit before, but they say I can do it, and I'm willing to try!

And, finally, I bought the whole 10-yard bolt of this blue $2/yard cotton fabric. I mean, it'll come in handy for making practice outfits, if nothing else.

Hey! I've gotta build up my stash before I can start sewing from it, right?

Check out the new blog that Sarah Liz of Australia has invited me to join: It's called The 2013 Style the Stash Sew Along. I love the rules that Sarah Liz has set for this sew along, and I'm excited to participate. I'm hoping to use this opportunity to sew some practical clothing for myself.

I hereby invite my friends and daughters and anyone else who may be interested to join us. It'll be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen - I can't wait to see what comes out of your stash in due course - I do like your stash logic - nothing like buying more in case you need it. That swimsuit is going to be fun :)

    ReplyDelete